Thursday, October 15, 2009

New Feature: Cinemabites


Another new regular feature around here: We'll give you the set-up for a scene from a somewhat-famous film and a few classic lines of dialogue and then you, dear reader, provide us with the title of said film. Let's get to it.

Two pretty scruffy-looking fellas walk into a bank carrying shotguns.

Robber #1: "All right, ya hayseeds, it's a stick-up. Everybody freeze. Everybody down on the ground."
Confused bank customer: "Well, which is it, young feller? You want I should freeze or get down on the ground? Mean to say, if'n I freeze, I can't rightly drop. And if'n I drop, I'm a-gonna be in motion. You see..."
Robber #1: "Shut up!"
Confused bank customer: "Okay then."
Robber #1: "Everybody down on the ground!"
Robber #2: "Y'all can just forget that part about freezin' now."
Robber #1: "Better still to get down there."
Robber #2: "Yeah, y'all hear that, don't ya?"

Everyone drops to the floor. Robber #1 looks at the empty teller windows.

Robber #1: "Shit! Where'd all the tellers go?"
Voice from floor: "We're down here, sir."
Robber #2: "They're on the floor as you commanded, [says name of robber #1]."

3 comments:

R Logan L said...

The Five Obstructions. I haven't watched it yet, but that's how I picture it.

agust symeon said...

Haha!

Guess again. I certainly like this flick a lot better than the Five Obstructions

Anonymous said...

Dogday Afternoon?